Each class will consist of 2 – 3 couples, is conducted in a comfortable safe setting where each family can share experiences and ask questions openly. With small groups couples are able to discuss topics freely with a sense of comfort and not have any overwhelming feelings of speaking in front of a large groups.
During you classes the childbirth educator will help answer all questions regarding labour and delivery. You will be provided with the most recent evidenced based research and information to help you prepare for the arrival of your baby. With current and up-to-date information you will be able to make educated decisions when making a birth plan.
Each class is two and a half hours long and run over a five week period. All classes are located near Dixie Rd and Finch Ave, in Pickering. Each couple will receive an up-to-date booklet with all topics, course outlines to allow each family to read at their own leisure, resources and is great for reference following the class.
By being part of a group class, couples are able to connect with other families in an intimate space, and share experiences with one another. Each class is designed to meet the needs of each expectant family in an interactive and fun environment.
Here are a few things about group classes:
- Classes max out at 3 couples, every couple has the chance to ask questions, address their concerns, and connect with other expectant parents
- Only one person can attend the class with mom
- The goal is to provide each family with the ability to make informed birth choices, build confidence and help ease the transition into parenthood
- The class is taught using a variety of instructional methods such as visual aids, videos, and plenty of hands on practice
- From Bump to Baby provides a 5 week (2 ½ hours each class) evening class series
- Confidentiality Assured
- Recommend to start an evening series around 30 to 32 weeks of pregnancy
- Payments can be made by Cash, VISA, email transfers or PayPal
- All payments must be received in full, by the start of the first class
- Confirmation and a receipt will be e-mailed upon receiving your payment in full
- Payment secures your space in the class
- View course calendar
- Please promptly fill out the online registration form or call 416-523-1211 to register
Refer to the Group class Calendar 2017
What To Bring
- Wear Comfortable clothing
- 1 or 2 pillow(s)
- Water to drink
- A partner
- Something to take notes
- A list of questions/concerns